The series revolves around a civil servant named Gong Ah-jung (played by Yoon) who pretends to be the wife of the wealthy hotel heir, Hyun Ki-joon (played by Kang) in order to impress her former friend. It is directed by Kim Soo-ryung and Kwon Hyuk-chan, produced by Jo Sung-won and written by Kim Ye-ri. On its first airing it ranked 20th nationwide.
Gong Ah-jung (Yoon Eun-hye) is a fifth-level government employee of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. At the beginning of the series, Ah-jung lies to an antagonistic friend about being married as a form of revenge. The lie quickly snowballs (due to several misunderstandings) until Ah-jung realizes that everyone is gossiping about her supposed, secret marriage to Hyun Ki-joon (Kang Ji-hwan), the very wealthy president of World Hotel.
As the rumour spreads, a miserable Ki-joon is forced to combat the rumors to his friends as he decides a plan of action in getting Ah-jung to correct her lie. Ki-joon and Ah-jung decide to take action to squash the rumors, with Ah-jung agreeing to call together her friends so she can confess her discretion. When this doesn’t go as planned, Ki-joon decides to take legal action against Ah-jung. However, after a series of events that bond the pair together, they both agree that pretending to be married for a short while would be mutually beneficial though Ki-joon promises that Ah-jung’s lie is not forgiven and that he will eventually go ahead and follow through with his lawsuit.
Things become even more complicated when Ki-joon’s ex-fiance, and a close friend of his brother Oh Yoon-joo, returns from France. After a friend of Ah-jung sees Ki-joon and Yoon-joo together and raises suspicious of infidelity to Ah-jung (and leaves Ah-jung embarrassed), Ah-jung forces Ki-joon to promise that he will not be caught with any women for the duration of their sham marriage.
Ki-joon and Ah-jung grow closer and more fond of one another over the duration of their marriage and Ki-joon finds himself questioning his commitment to his former fiance Yoon-joo. Eventually, however, Ki-joon makes the decision to be with Ah-jung despite the heartache he is sure to cause his ex lover.
- Yoon Eun-Hye as Gong Ah-Jung (Angela Gong)
- Kang Ji-hwan as Hyun Ki-Joon (Kenneth Hyun) – CEO of World Hotel
- Sung Joon as Hyun Sang-hee (Ethan Hyun)- Ki-Joon’s brother
- Jo Yoon-hee as Oh Yoon-Joo (Yvonne Oh)- Ki-Joon’s Ex Fiancee
- Hong Soo-Hyun as Yoo So-Ran (Francine Yoo)- Ah-Jung’s friend
- Ryu Seung-soo as Chun Jae-bum (Louie Chun)- So-ran’s husband and Ah-jung’s first love
- Oh Mi Hee as Hyun Myung-jin (Margareth Oh)- Ki-joon and Sang-hee’s aunt and the Chairwoman of World Group
- Kwon Se-in as Park Hoon – (Sean Park) Ki-joon’s secretary
- Park Ji-yoon as Manager Park Ji-yoon (Trisha Park)- Ki-joon’s friend and manager of the hotel
- Kang Shin Il as Gong Joon-ho – Ah-jung’s dad
- Lee Kyung Jin as Shim Ae Kyung (Eloisa Shim)- Joon-ho’s longtime love
- Kwon Hae Hyo as Hwang Suk Bong (Segundo Hwang)- Ae Kyung’s admirer and Sang-hee’s friend
- Kang Rae Yun as Rae Yeon
- Song Ji Eun as Ji Eun
- Kim Bo Yun (김보연) as Bo Yeo
- Jang Woo Young (장우영) as Kim Yeon Nim
- Kim Gyu Jin as Gyu Jin
- Ahn Jung Hoon as Manager Ahn
- Park Hyo Joon as Hyo Joon
- Ja Doo (자두) as Ja Doo
- Min Joon Hyun as journalist
- Danny Ahn as Ki Joon’s friend (cameo)
- Choi Yoon So as arranged marriage partner (cameo)
- Yoo Ha-na as Herself (cameo)