My Fair Lady (Hangul: 아가씨를 부탁해; lit. “Take Care of the Young Lady” or “Take Care of Agasshi”) is a 2009 South Korean television series, starring Yoon Eun-hye, Yoon Sang Hyun, Jung Il Woo and Moon Chae Won. It aired on KBS 2TV from August 19 to October 8, 2009 for 16 episodes. It is Yoon Eun-hye‘s comeback after two years following the highly successful The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince.
Kang Hye-na, the only successor of Kang-san Group, is the owner of the ‘Lady Castle’ and lives a ‘princess-like’ life with her servants. Hye-na’s parents died from a plane accident and her grandfather brought her up. Hye-na is strong-headed and selfish, whose world revolves around her because she could not experience the warmth of a family whilst growing up. One day, she comes across Dong-chan when she is carelessly driving and knocks into Dong-chan’s truck in which he is shipping flowers. She knocks out a bunch of flowers from his truck so Dong-chan goes to complain. She refuses to apologise but just gives him money. She drives away although Dong-chan isn’t satisfied. He chases after her and eventually cuts her of at the end of a road. Kang Hye-na ignores this and just drives straight into his truck. As a consequence of this he makes Hye-na do community service, kidnaps her, and appears in front of her as the new household manager. Hye-na makes every effort to throw him out from the Castle, but Dong-chan refuses to budge.
- Yoon Eun-hye as Kang Hye-na (Hanna Kang) – Kang Hye-na, the owner of ‘Lady Castle’, has lost her parents in a plane crash. Even then, she lived a princess-like life with her servants but she had a lonely upbringing, living under the care of her stern grandfather. This resulted to her overtly indifferent and oblivious-to-others character. She has grown-up into a self-centered woman that every time she opens her mouth, she would blurt out blunt remarks no matter who the person is.
However, she has great skills on horse riding, fencing, and clay shooting. The only reason she holds these skills is to either humiliate men unworthy of her, or to add awkwardness to conversations.
One day, she came across Seo Dong-chan, a gigolo who made her life upside down. She doesn’t have a good feeling about this man, Seo Dong-chan. She feels uneasy over the fact that she may have finally met her match.
- Yoon Sang Hyun as Seo Dong-chan (Johann Seo / Butler Seo) – Seo Dong-chan was a former gigolo (gold-digger) who gave up his schooling in the university and his first love just to make money for the operations of his mother who has an acute leukemia. Dong-chan has good looks, eloquent speech, excellent art of living, and great skills of adapting to circumstances thus making him the best gigolo. Soon after his mother died, he stopped his booming career. At the moment, all he got is only five thousand debt which resulted from the charges from his mother’s operations.
One day, a woman named Kang Hye-na who is notorious for being arrogant and spoiled shows up and stimulated his competitive spirit.
Dong-chan makes up his mind to enter the Castle and becomes her butler on the purpose of changing his whole life.
- Jung Il Woo as Lee Tae-yoon (Rovic Lee) – Tae-yoon, an elite lawyer who came from a very wealthy family. He is devoting his life to legal service for the poor in a shabby lawyer’s office. He may look like a soft and gentle young man, but when it comes to his work he is merciless and sharp like a knife. He reminds Hye Na of her first love which is why she was attracted to him.
- Moon Chae Won as Yeo Eui-joo (Nica) – Eui Joo is a bright and cheerful girl who dreams to be a shoe designer. She has grown up with Dong-chan and had been the mentor who helps him do the right things. She was also the closest person who worries about him and supports him to get his life on track. Behind of Eui-ju’s special interest in him, her unrequited love is hidden.
- Wang Suk-hyun as Kang Sumin
- Kim Young-kwang as Jung Woo-sung
- Lee Jeong-gil as Chairman Kang
- Kim Myeong-gook as Representative Kang – Hye-na’s uncle (Father’s younger brother). Age : 57. Managing director of Kang-San Group, and has the scheming ambition to make this company his own. Although he has the role of the so-called “villain”, Kang MD also has a somewhat misplaced comical element to himself.
- 1. Hot Stuff – Davichi
- 2. Can’t Stop Love / Helpless Love – Yoon Sang Hyun
- 3. Dash Girl – Yoon Eun-Hye
- 4. I Give / Take Care of the Heart – Joong Jae Wook
- 5. Give My Love / Take Care of the Lady – Na Yoon Kwon
- 6. Lady (스윙)
- 7. The Story (숨겨진 이야기)
- 8. Take Care Girl (Tango) 아가씨를 부탁해 (탱고)
- 9. Hot Stuff (inst)
- 10. Can’t Stop Love / Helpless Love (inst)
- 11. Dash Girl (inst)
- 12. I Give / Take Care of the Heart (inst)
- 13. Give My Love / Take Care of the Lady (inst)
- 14. I Love You – Miryo ft Narsha
- 15. 로망스 (Romance) – Yoon Eun-Hye duet with Yoon Sang Hyun
- Best Couple Awards: Yoon Sang Hyun and Yoon Eun-hye
- Popularity Awards: Yoon Sang Hyun and Yoon Eun-hye