You Are My Destiny (Hangul: 너는 내 운명 / Neoneun Nae Unmyeong) is a South Korean Drama broadcast on network KBS1 on May 5, 2008 and ended January 9, 2009 with 178 episodes over all. It stars Im Yoona, a member of Girls’ Generation, in her first leading role. The Series is directed by Kim Myung Wook and written by Moon Eun Ah. Lee Tae Sung was first cast in the drama but he was replaced by actor/singer Lee Ji Hoon.
Jang Sae Byuk received an eye cornea transplant after her accident three years before the story. She received it from the doctor who took care of her, Kim Na Young who died in a car accident upon her return from Africa. Sae Byuk went to the Kim Family and thanked them for the transplant, she did not know that only Na Young’s father and older brother knew about her death. Later, the Kim family accepted her like family, and then, got adopted by the Kim family. Sae Byuk later fell in love with Kang Ho Se after both discovered they are destined after all and got married. But many obstacles like Kim Tae Poong and Kim Soo Bin formed a love triangle between Sae Byuk and Ho Se’s love.
- Im Yoona as Jang Sae Byuk(later: Kim Sae Byuk), a milk delivering woman who then worked at Lohas through Lohas’ design competition.
- Park Jae Jung as Kang Ho Sae, manager of Lohas, a company specializing in making kitchen sets
- Lee Ji Hoon as Kim Tae Poong
- Gong Hyun Joo as Kim Soo Bin. Soo Bin once engaged with Ho Se, but after Ho Se said that he loves Sae Byuk, they were broken up, which upsets Ho Se’s mother.
- Lee Pil Mo as Kim Tae Young. Tae Young is a teacher at a course institution. He once applied a job as a lecturer but failed.
- Jang Yong as Kim Dae Jin (Tae Poong’s father). Dae Jin owns a mover service company, Poong Express. Before establishing Poong Express, Dae Jin was Kang family’s driver.
- Jung Ae Ri as Oh Young Sook (Tae Poong’s mother). She used to work at a food catering company owned by Lee Hwa Ran. She also used to work as a housemaid at Kang family’s house.
- Kim Hyo Seo as Kim Na Young (Tae Poong’s deceased twin sister).
- Sa Mi Ja as Son Poong Geum (Dae Gu’s and Dae Jin’s mother)
- Kang Suk Woo as Kim Dae Gu (Soo Bin’s father). In the drama, he worked as a mayor, and in some part of the drama, he propose himself to the upcoming election.
- Lee Hye Sook as Hong Yeon Shil (Soo Bin’s mother)
- Lee Seol Ah as Kang Yu Ri (Ho Se’s sister). In some part of the drama, Yu Ri seems to be in love with Tae Poong.
- Hyun Suk as Kang Chil Bok (Ho Se’s father). Chil Bok is the President Director of Lohas
- Yang Geum Suk as Seo Min Jung (Ho Se’s mother)
- Kim Hyung Il as Kang Charles (Chil Bok’s brother / Yeon Shil’s dance tutor)
- Kim Jung Nan as Ban So Young (Tae Young’s wife and Yoon Hee’s single mother)
- Park Min-ji as Ban Yoon Hee (So Young’s daughter)
- Sunwoo Yong Nyeo as Lee Hwa Ran (So Young’s mother). She owns a food catering company named “Sandeul Bada”.
- Choi Won Young as Nam Gyeong Woo (Na Young’s ex-boyfriend). He was Na Young’s boyfriend when she was alive. He survived the accident three years before the drama takes place. He also reveals that Na Young was a great driver, until the accident that killed her.
- Park Seul Gi as Bok Joo (Sae Byuk’s best friend). Bok Joo once worked at a gas station, but then, she was fired because she filled diesel into Mrs. Seo’s car, which has a petrol engine.
- Kwak Hyun Hwa as Oh Sun Jeong (female Lohas employee)
- Lee Jung Ho as Lee Dong Soo (male Lohas employee)
- Yoo Hye Ri as Jeong Mi Ok (Sae Byuk’s real mother)
- Jung Jae Gon as Jo Sang Ki (Yoon Hee’s real father)
- Kim Sung Hoon as Jang Pan Jae (night sales manager)
- Shin Pyo as assistant director
- 2009 45th Baeksang Arts Awards: Best New Actress Award (Im Yoona)
- 2009 45th Baeksang Arts Awards: Popularity Award (Im Yoona)
- 2008 Korean Drama Festival: Netizen Award (Im Yoona)
- 2008 KBS Drama Awards: Netizen Award (Im Yoona)
- 2008 KBS Drama Awards: Best New Actress Award (Im Yoona)
- 2008 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Daily Drama – Actor (Lee Pil Mo)
- 2008 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Award, Daily Drama – Actress (Kim Jung Nan)